Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. Because we gather certain types of information about the users of the Circuit Assembly(CA) web site, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
1. Information CA Gathers and Tracks
CA gathers two types of information about users: data that users provide through optional, voluntary registrations and data CA gathers through aggregating tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites and click through on our newsletters. Such information enables us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs. The only situation in which CA divulges information about an individual user to a third party is to facilitate the shipment of products or, when approved by you, to connect you to the appropriate vendor or distributor.
2. How CA Tracks
3. Use of the Information
CA uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the site or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
- As stated above, CA uses information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, message boards, and other services. We send out a monthly newsletter to subscribers, and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. CA never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including customers or partners.
- When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. CA does not track what an individual user reads, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
4. Opt-out Policy
CA gives users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when available.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
5. Correct/Update Policy
CA offers users the ability to correct or change the information collected during a registration. The instructions for doing this can be found in our Customer Service Center or CAPs area. Users may change this information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems or who have any questions about how our services work can contact us.
6. Delete/Deactivate Policy
Users may unsubscribe to any of our electronic newsletters at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every newsletter.