Cable drawings are a graphical representation of a cable assembly. These engineering drawings provide end-to-end connection details to aid in project cost estimates through final assembly. Cable drawings are very important for reliable and consistent cable assembly manufacturing, which in turn increases the product quality.
Creating engineering drawings for custom cable assemblies can be challenging, but there are some best practices that can help.
When creating a custom cable drawing, it is important to also include all relevant information for accurate cost estimates and quality control.
- A BOM (Bill Of Materials) that includes a description, manufacturer part numbers, vendors, and quantities for all components
- the wire type, length, gauge, and color, and any applicable required ratings such as UL
- the type of connectors and plating
- Housing Manufacturer Part Number
- Contact/Terminal Manufacturer Part number
- Any pinout tables
- The IP rating
- Specific assembly labels and what needs to be printed on the label.
- any special features or requirements
- Assembly notes/ work instructions to aid the assembler in production
- Inspection Criteria
- Electrical Parameters
- Critical Dimensions
- Packaging type and information to be included on packaging labels
Following these best practices will help ensure that your custom cable assembly is made to your specifications and cost projections.
Cable Assembly Services
Looking for a reliable and affordable cable assembly service? Look no further than our team at Circuit Assembly. We specialize in custom cable assemblies for a wide range of applications, and we have the experience and expertise to get the job done right.
No matter what your specific needs are, we can help. We offer a variety of services including design, prototyping, and production. We can also provide support for your existing assembly processes. And, our quality control standards are second to none, so you can be sure that your products will meet or exceed your expectations.
So, if you’re looking for a one-stop shop for all your cable assembly needs, give us a call today. We’ll be happy to provide you with a free quote and answer any questions you may have. Thanks for choosing Circuit Assembly!